Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012

Tuesday, January 3, 2012
If one were to ask me how I felt on the last day of 2011, I would say that it was a good year.

Although if I were to probe deeper, it was also probably one of the most depressing years ever but as long as it ended well, its all that matters right? :D

Top 5 best decisions made in the year 2011 that turned the year around:

1. Quit school after winter quarter.

Back then, that decision seemed like 'the end of the world' for I was already behind most of my peers and a one year break would only leave me further behind in the dust. But looking back, honestly, what is a mere few years. If I intended to stay on, I might graduate in time like every other of my peers, but who's to say that would guarantee success? Maybe that year the DAT would be extremely hard. Maybe there would have been a huge influx of aspiring dental students and limited seats. Maybe this and that and the list goes on.

What I do know now, after having to pay back my student loans for the time being, is that I'm glad I quit. Why should I waste so much money on out-of-state fees for the sake of keeping up appearances when I could just patiently wait a year and get the rightful full scholarships I'm entitled to for all the hard work I put in. In fact, looking back, I wished I quit right after Fall. Could have saved me a couple more thousand in debt T_T

Anyways, like my dad said: "In life, it doesn't matter how soon you'll get there. It is about how long you can stay there."

So true.


2. Left Koinonia.

Won't elaborate much on it except the fact that not all things meant for good are good for you. I'm glad it helped many others find a better and happier life and good wishes to them. But leaving all those verbal abuse (which I didn't know was abuse until I left and could see clearly for once) was the best thing ever.

Found DCF and DCA instead where the environment is like what I grew up with all my life. Unconditional love and very family based :)


3. Moved to Davis.

Made the decision to keep the lease in Davis and moved there together with my sister despite not being in school for the moment. A very good decision made after much prayers and it only gets better and better each passing day. Got a steady job there that gave me a taste of living independently and able to help provide for my family back in San Diego too.

The year off from school also meant that I have time to play Martha Stewart and decorate our house as prettily as possible and get to fully enjoy it, unlike my other housemates who are always too busy writing papers to do anything else.

Our place is currently the envy of all our peers and I like it hurhur. Just because we are college students doesn't mean we have to live like one. I have the time and money and by jove, I will make good use of it before I have to resume school.


4. Bought a Kindle.

Because materialistic decisions can sometime turn out to be one of the best too. The world's libraries at my fingertips. So convenient and totally re-kindled (ohhh, no wonder its called kindle. I see it now....) my passion for reading.


5. Bought a PS3.

Something I've been putting off since forever because I never had time for games when I was in school as the effort put into getting straight A's always left me wishing for more time.

But I don't have school now do I! :DDDD

And dang, it really only does everything. Games is only like the tip of the iceberg. How the heck did I manage to live without one for so long I have no idea.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And there you have it. The ones that I can list off the top of my head. The decisions that were also blessings in disguises and if I were to make a list of blessings, it would take forever. The most important thing I learned was to always trust in God. Yes, yes, I supposedly learned this a few years back but and I probably did but not to this extent. Apparently I had to sink to rock bottom and lose everything to see it or something like that.

But seriously, if you would just let Him take the reigns, especially in your darkest moment where it seemed like He abandoned you which He never did btw, I highly doubt you would regret it. You might not see what good it does you in the beginning but as time goes by, you would see the wisdom in all the transpired events and go 'ahhhh, twas good I listened and obeyed'. I know because that is my life story. I lived it out.

So here's to 2012. A future I cannot predict and have since stop predicting and mapping out coz life can really change without a moment's notice. But what I know is that God is never changing and forever the same and I may not know what the future holds but know that as long as I entrust my future to Him, it will never go wrong :)

1 comment:

Sanjay said...

We are the world wide supplier in medical generics and drugs like Essential Generics.It is very helpful product.Essential Generics is the first compound produced specially for the treatment ofpremature ejaculation in men 18 - 64 years old.You can purchase it from our store online.