Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ask

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oh! Look what I got from my twin, Amanda (She has an identical twin of her very own *I am so jealous* but since I don't have the privilege of having one myself I have since declare her as my 'adopted' twin)



It's larger than I thought. Incited a lot of curiosity from various people as I lugged it home from school. Anyway, you're all probably wanting to know what's inside so *rips paper off with flourish*


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



OURAN POSTER!!!!


My favorite anime ever ok?! With the exception of Saiyuki maybe. THANK YOU AMANDA!!! THE GENEROUS GODDESS!!!! OURAN!!!! I am still bitter that some people think SuzuHaru can actually beat Ouran. The audacity of it. I am extremely anti-Haruhi (the Suzumiya Haruhi NOT Fujioka) and my only wish is that she would somehow appear in the flesh so I can pummel her to the ground in distaste. Am sick of seeing her annoying face at every anime site I visit. Oh and the only complain I have of the poster (I shouldn't seeing as it's a gift. But never mind, I'm her twin so I can say it without inciting bodily harm lol) is that the Hitachiin twins are too small. They are more way handsome than that:



Point proven. See the rabid fangirls behind?


But back to topic. I cannot believe she (Amanda) actually gave me the poster when I shamelessly jokingly asked for it. I tell you people many times liao that "It never hurts to ask". Really! The things you get just by asking. I have lost count of the many extra benefits I got by simply uttering a few sentences. I simply cannot understand why some of my friends does not follow suit. They don't even dare to ask for a bottle of mineral water at the canteen if they do not see in on display right in front of them. You think EVERYTHING would be laid out neatly right in front of you for your convenience meh? If you want to get anything or anywhere in life, YOU ASK. Not like your tongue would drop off or anything if you do.


The other motto you should adopt is 'flaunt what you have' and 'believe in yourself' as it goes very well with 'never hurts to ask'. If you are super good at something hor, don't be an idiot and try to act all 'modest' by hiding it from the world as if it's a crime to be talented. I can attest to that because at one point those two life motto got me a super comfortable job that earned me more money than some fresh graduate out from university (professional majors again). I was only 16 again then. All I did was believe in myself, unleash whatever skills I had on whatever was given to me and proudly show it the world (ok, maybe not the world) and next thing I know I received various calls from people asking me to work for them. Yes, and where does the asking part comes in you ask? Well, after a few weeks into the job I asked for a raise (shameless haha) and got it =P


I used to be mislead by idiotic people who thought they were being modest when they demean their own work when they receive praises and made me feel arrogant for not following suit. Until one day where this girl came up to me to praise my craftwork (I may suck in art but I'm quite good in craftwork if I dare say so myself) to which I replied in this righteous 'modest' voice going "no! no! It's horrible. A hideous thing...." but was cut off mid sentence as she look pointedly at me and said "when people praise you, you should just say thank you".


Was struck into dumb silence and could only gape at her like a fish.


Since that day onwards, I stuck by her words and am considerably happier. Yes, this three important sayings has got me far and you should seriously give it a try. Do not laugh. Asking can get you very far if you just suck up the courage to do it. Such simple methods yet such great rewards. You just watch.....


A can of cola yesterday. A poster today. Tomorrow THE WORLD!!!


Oh yes.....

No comments: