Friday, February 20, 2009

Donut Lust

Friday, February 20, 2009

One of the few things I looked forward to during my move back to the States was donuts. More specifically, Krispy Kreme donuts which I heard was damn yummy :d

But guess what? No one cares for donuts here. At least that is what I think after being tricked into eating cake donuts -which is the most disgusting thing ever- and not being able to find a single donut store everywhere I go :C And after some googling, found that the nearest Krispe Kreme store is 11 miles away. No idea how far 11 miles is cuz I still haven't gotten all the metric conversion figured out yet but I'm betting that it is pretty far just to eat a donut.

BUT I WANT DONUTS OKAY WANT WANT WANT!


So the only way is to make it. Sigh.

This is how crazy my craving for donuts has gotten. Anyway, did a batch of them and they're like the fluffiest, softest, doughiest donuts ever till even those who hate store donuts loved it :D Totally didn't expect it to turn out THAT good as 2nd sis was predicting that I would fail spectacularly. Ha, guess the prayer I muttered before I made them worked :) Yes, call me crazy but every cooking episodes of mine which I remember to say a prayer before starting has always turned out amazing ♥


Glazed half of them with melted sugar and the other half with chocolate and chopped peanuts. I love love love sugar glazed donuts ♥ Oh so yummy I tell you especially when it's piping hot :d Will never make chocolate coated ones again though because I really dislike chocolate after all. I did it mainly cuz I thought it'll look pretty and am thankful that at least 4th sis adores chocolate.

Shall attempt to make har kow next one of these days because someone once promised to make me a plateful and never did and so I'm still craving for it like anything. Not to mention the fact that I spent the whole of last night googling and reading up reviews of various dim sum places (because I really want that har kow wth) and another 2 whole hours this morning driving to the next city and getting lost in the process to find it, oh and also nearly backing into a truck, only to find myself duped into what turned out to be a shabby dim sum drive in instead of a fancy restaurant like what the reviewers said. FML.

Speaking of which, saw this in the FML website today:


TEGOSHI!!!!! lol. Clearly, fandom is on my mind too much for my own good.

7 comments:

Ammy said...

oh.... har kao.....*shamefaced*

Ammy said...

HANA I AM DIGGING YOUR PROFILE PICTURE!! YOU BETTER NOT HAVE PS IT TO DEATH BECAUSE THAT IS GORGEYYYYYY!!!

Abi~♥ said...

the donuts looks realllllly good!!

woohooo har kao! =D haha. so u can chew things now?

btw, I LOVE UR NEW BLOG TEMPLATE!!!!!!!!!! ITS SO GORGEOUS OK I'VE TOTALLY FORGOTTEN WAD UR OLD ONE LOOKS LIKE =DDDD

its so pretty n it reminds me of pink daisies =D

Cia said...

ok hana, i just saw yr new skin (coa i live under a rock. alone. with no internet.) OMFG U SERIOUSLY HAV TO SAVE MY BLOG LA... i mean it looks soooo boring (sorry abi) wat with all de pastel colors.i mean i love pastel colors but if you put them together they look like shit ok. totally sapping my blogging mood HANA PLS HELP ME!!!! signed, blogger noob

hana said...

@ammy: *snorts*

As for the pic, yes it's PS to DEATH in terms of lighting cuz the webcam is damn stupid and so no I am nowhere near that skin color. Am like 3 shades darker.

@abi: thanks. Yes I can chew things now :Dv

MY OLD SKIN WAS HIDEOUS OMG PLS DON'T REMIND ME *shudders*

@cia: lol go search for free blogger skins, there are plenty to choose from ^^ My semester starts this monday so I would be busy from now onwards.....

anyway, you can find a template you like and i can help you edit like bits and pieces of it if you want. like customize it.

f said...

Omg. Omg omg omg.

I never thought of making my own donuts. Silly me.

Yosh, goal for next holiday home: make donuts!!! Thanks for inspiring me. ^^

hana said...

@faye: I never thought about making them either even when my mom had been making them like since forever lol.

And you're welcomed. I'm glad I managed to inspire you even in something so trivial such as donuts XD

All the best in your donut making attempts!